TRIAD / Elder Justice
LAW ENFORCEMENT AND OLDER CITIZENS WORKING TOGETHER
The Green River Regional TRIAD was established as a subcommittee of the Green River Area Council on Aging in 1989 and was the first regional TRIAD in the nation. The TRIAD includes the counties of Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean, Ohio, Union and Webster. It meets bi-monthly in different counties within the region.
What is TRIAD?
Our TRIAD consists of the sheriffs, police chief, state police, senior service agencies and older persons. These groups have combined forces to work together to reduce criminal victimization of the elderly.
What does TRIAD do?
- Sponsor crime prevention and victim/witness programs for older persons
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist the police and sheriff's department
- Staff reassurance programs for older persons to reduce fear and provide moral support
- Provide a forum for law enforcement and the communities to share needs and concerns and develops solutions
- Bring seniors and law enforcement together to develop region-wide solutions
*For more information, please email Ursula Mabrey or call (270) 926-4433.