Jobs at GRADD
The Green River Area Development District, a multi-jurisdictional planning and development agency, has an opening for the following full-time position:
Aging Case Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Responsible for performing eligibility assessments and assessments of client needs.
2) Responsibility for ensuring the development, implementation, monitoring and modification of participants’ plan of care.
3) Accept client referrals and respond in a timely manner.
4) Advocacy on behalf of the participant with appropriate community resources.
- Coordination of formal and informal service providers responsible for furnishing services needed by the participant and making timely referrals to other agencies according to participant needs.
- Monitoring the participant’s progress toward the achievement of objectives specified in his/her plan.
- Monitor formal and informal service delivery, including coordination and monitoring to ensure that services specified in the plan are being provided.
- Periodic reassessment (as per program policy) to assure that services are appropriate and necessary and do not increase dependence.
9) Attend meetings and contact persons involved in participants’ welfare.
10) Work with In Home Services Manager and other case managers in providing services.
11) Attend job development trainings/staff meetings.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Duties in additional programs may be assigned as time permits. These may include, but are not limited to, staffing a specific committee or council, seeking training to provide education to seniors in the community, or utilizing credentials to provide chart reviews or similar tasks for other programs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Degree Required: Bachelors or Master’s degree in social work, gerontology, psychology, sociology, or a field related to geriatrics. Bachelor’s or Masters degree in nursing with current Kentucky nursing license. Bachelors or Masters Degree or Kentucky nursing license with two years experience in working with the elderly.
Experience Required: Reliable transportation required. Broad knowledge of the problems and needs of senior citizens and other client groups. Broad knowledge of community groups and service organizations.
Skills Required: Good communication skills with participants (some who may be physically or mentally limited). Good written communication skills.
Aging Case Manager Job Description (PDF)
Jobs in Local Government
Search and apply for public service career opportunities in communities across our region: